What is a skin booster?
Using the same concept as mesotherapy, new treatments known as skin or beauty boosters have recently emerged.
A skin/beauty booster is a non-surgical option for facial rejuvenation: it can contain specially formulated HA (can be associated with vitamins, minerals and oligoelements) that is placed just below our skin’s surface by a series of microinjections.
What are the benefits of skin/beauty boosters?
Skin boosters improve our skin's quality by boosting hydration levels deep within the skin and increasing its smoothness, elasticity and firmness.62,98
In which areas are skin/beauty boosters applied? 62,64,98
Areas of application include:
- Face (cheeks, chin, forehead)
- Low neckline (décolleté)
- Back of hands
Which precautions should be taken before an injection? 62,97,98
- Avoid aspirin, anti-inflammatory or anti-coagulation medicines
- Avoid products containing vitamin C
What happens during the injection process? 62,64
- Your practitioner will cleanse your skin using an antiseptic solution before performing the microinjections
- The procedure generally takes around 20 minutes, but this may vary depending on the treated area.
- There is no downtime or recovery time with this procedure.
Which precautions should be taken after an injection? 62,97,98
- Avoid sun exposure
- Do not wear make-up during the 12 hours following an injection
- Avoid extreme temperatures (intense cold, sauna, etc.) during the week following treatment
Consult your practitioner to get the best advice in terms of Hyaluronic acid fillers of usage in different areas of the face.
How long do the results last? 32
For intensive skin nourishment and hydration, 3 sessions at 3-week intervals are recommended.
To maintain your skin health, glow and firmness, a maintenance treatment is advised (one session every 4 to 6 months).
Nevertheless, the average duration of treatment depends on several factors: our skin type, the severity of the wrinkle/fold to be corrected, the type of injection and the volume of product injected.75
Cosmetic products may also be used to maintain and enhance the effects of the skin/beauty booster treatment.61