What is hyaluronic acid mesotherapy?
Mesotherapy consists of microinjections of active ingredients, such as Hyaluronic Acid, nutrients and vitamins, just below the surface of our skin (into the superficial dermis to be precise). Hyaluronic acid mesotherapy promotes skin rejuvenation by increasing both hydration and fibroblast activation (this in turn increases the production of collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid). When repeated over time, the appearance of wrinkles can also be reduced.62,64,67,101
What are the benefits of hyaluronic acid mesotherapy treatments?
Hyaluronic acid mesotherapy treatments deeply hydrate and improve the firmness of your skin so that it regains its former radiance, tone and elasticity to enhance the beauty of your complexion.64,101 In this way, the treatment reduces the effects of ageing on the skin through its rejuvenating action.
In which areas are hyaluronic acid mesotherapy applied?
Areas of application include:62,64
- Face (cheeks, chin, forehead)
- Neckline (décolleté)
- Back of hands
- Inner surface of arms and legs
Which precautions should be taken before an injection? 62,97,98
- Avoid aspirin, anti-inflammatory or anti-coagulation medicines
- Avoid products containing vitamin C
What happens during the injection process? 62,64
- The practitioner will cleanse our skin using an antiseptic solution before performing the microinjections.
- One hour before treatment, s/he can apply a local anaesthetic cream or use mesotherapy products containing an anaesthetic to reduce the burning sensation.
- The procedure generally takes around 20 minutes, but this may vary depending on the treated area.
- There is no downtime or recovery time with this procedure.
Which precautions should be taken after an injection? 62,97,98
- Avoid sun exposure
- Do not wear make-up during the 12 hours following an injection
- Avoid extreme temperatures (intense cold, sauna, etc.) during the week following treatment
Consult your practitioner to get the best advice in terms of Hyaluronic acid fillers type of usage in different areas of the face.
How long do the results last? 62,64,97
Two to three treatment sessions should be performed at intervals of 2 to 4 weeks, then one session every 2 or 3 months as maintenance treatments.
Nevertheless, the average duration of treatment depends on several factors: our skin type, the severity of the wrinkle/fold to be corrected, the type of injection and the volume of product injected.75
Hyaluronic acid dermal fillers
Hyaluronic acid dermal fillers are applied to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, restore volumes and contours and create a balanced, natural look. 5,59,102